Help for our International Supporters (Translator)

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

AO Championships.

This week brought Chen and mines recovery week to an end with the athletic Ontatio championships. Well, lets just get into the results then eh! I (Pat) competed in 7 events. First up on saturday was shot put where I threw myself to 7th place, followed by discus where I placed 4th, and then hurdled a new pb of 15.30 qualifying for the finals in 6th and apparently false starting out of the final. I am claiming this to have happen..."I DID NOT MOVE!!!"

I took it like a champ and went and pouted by myself like a big boy? I then ran my first ever relay against the Canadian A team and B team, that was humbling to run as an anchor and only pass the 3rd leg runner Jarrod 15m before the line...sweet deal.

Day 2 of the champs had Chen competing in his first 200m in a long time, he held his own against a few Olympians and beat Coach James 200m pb, congrats on the 22.54. While he ran I threw some Javelin, two season bests over 61m and won the event. We both then went to pole vault. Chen vaulted 3.80, I predict 4m in Woerden in August. I went 4.20 which ties my second best vault ever. So that was suppose to be our last event, but being decathletes comes with its perks! Like getting put on a sprint medley relay for club points. Chen and I ran the 200m legs of the race and guess what, we actually won the race!!!! Go combined events!

Now its training as usual for another few weeks until we leave.
PS. Its been real hot in Ottawa for all you West Coasters #bigshoutout!

No comments:

Post a Comment