Help for our International Supporters (Translator)

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Meet Mark Chenery

I'm Mark, I grew up in Victoria, BC and have been doing track and field competitively since 2004. I entered my first decathlon in my grade 10 year at the B.C. High School Championships.  I first began competing in track and field as a way to miss class in school, but continued because I enjoyed the people, lifestyle and opportunity to travel.  Today, the love for it hasn't diminished and it's for the love of the sport and the love of competition.  Track has created many opportunities for me and has brought me half way across the country to find new ones.  
This blog was created as a way for family and friends back home to see my life and the progress/steps I'm taking towards my athletic and career goals.  Currently, I am in my 4th year at the University of Ottawa in the Geography Department and I am looking forward to future competitions with the uOttawa Gee Gee's and Ottawa Lions Track and Field Club.   



This season I am looking forward to once again hosting the Pan-American Cup this June here in Ottawa, and for the Canadian Track and Field Championship this June in Moncton.  Always with hopes of gaining further international experience.  


  (Coach Ryan, Patrick, Myself, and Head Coach James with Pan-Am Cup Team Title)


Outside of athletics I thoroughly enjoy movie naps and playing PS3, especially COD even though I'm absolutely terrible at it.  I am also fortunate enough (or weird enough, depending on perspective) to not like any/all candies, sweets, and chocolate etc.  Protects my waistline!     


Personal Bests:      
               
Day 1:                              Day 2:                    
100m: 11.08s                   110mH: 15.00s    
Long Jump: 7.18m           Discus: 43.84m  
Shot Put: 13.05m             Pole Vault: 4.03m 
High Jump: 2.00m           Javelin: 56.72m  
400m: 49.80s                   1500m: 4:42.10 
Total Point PB - 7153

Accomplishments:

Pan-Am Cup 4th Place Finish - 2012
Pan-Am Cup Team Title - Canada 2012
Canadian Decathlon Bronze Medallist 2011
BC Athletics Junior Male Athlete of the Year 2007
UVic Vikes Rookie of the Year 2007
Canadian Junior Decathlon Champion 2007
Pan-American Junior Decathlon 4th Place 2007
BC High-School Male Track and Field Athlete 2006

(Woerden Team Canada tradition)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mark! This is great! Good luck in June! I would LOVE to see you at the opening ceremonies in London wearing Team Canada's gear.
    You are awesome!
    -Nat Dies

    ReplyDelete